Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Think I Need a Career Change

Currently I work for a Non-Profit Affordable Housing Developer/Property Management company in the Accounting Department. If you would have asked me 10 years ago, "What do you see yourself doing in the future?" I most likely would have never said, "Work in Accounting". The job is a necessary evil, every company needs some kind of accounts person. My only experience with Accounting is this job, I have not had previous experience in Accounting. I have been lucky enough to fall into some great jobs, and I have gained some great experience. On the other hand, I do see myself as being less marketable because;
  1. The position I hold is entry level with no advancement opportunity
  2. I don't have a lot of college education 
Yes, I am lacking confidence in my skills. I have started looking through job listings, and I get discouraged after reading the qualifications. I am full of BS, but I don't have a BS or BA. I know that I must go back to school, and I need to stop making excuses. My real question is, how do I figure out what I want to do as a career? I love to help people, collaborate, I am a stickler for SOP, I take initiative, I am a team player, etc... Give me some idea's on what you think I should look into as a career.

<3Angie 

No comments:

Post a Comment